Swalecliffe Free Church (Baptist) Core Beliefs
- We are a community who believe that Jesus died on the cross, rose again and ascended into Heaven giving us the opportunity to share in that grace and be saved by Him.
- We believe that we have been called to Swalecliffe to serve him here, to worship God who is Trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and that through the Great Commission (Matt 28:19) that we are called to tell others of what Jesus has done for us to give others the opportunity to be saved too.
- We believe in the power of prayer, that God is with us and that we are privileged and blessed to be able to enter his courts with thanksgiving and praise.
- We believe that Jesus is coming back again as the victory has already been won.
- We believe that we are called to be salt and light, to serve all of God’s creation who he loves and to worship him in our every day.
We are a Free Church but also a Baptist Church so we also live and serve according to the Baptist Declaration of Principle as set out below.
Baptist Declaration of Principle
The Basis of the Baptist Union is:
1. That our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that each Church has liberty, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
2. That Christian Baptism is the immersion in water into the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who ‘died for our sins according to the Scriptures; was buried, and rose again the third day’.
3. That it is the duty of every disciple to bear personal witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to take part in the evangelisation of the world.